Sunday, May 20, 2012

Del Taco, Englewood, Colorado

Rocky Mountain Taco here (that's my handle here at Taco Nose Best) blogging for duty!  It's Sunday, which meant running 2.5 miles on the treadmill then off to run errands for the rest of the afternoon.  Had 10 minutes to grab a bite and decided on Del Taco.  Not a first timer for me at Del Taco.  More like my 348th time.   Where the heck did I find that number?  Anyway, Del Taco fit the bill as the only bill I had in my wallet on a Sunday afternoon was a 5 with some change in the cup holder of my car. Pulled up to the Englewood location - Broadway and Belleview. 

Here's the rundown of what we ordered.  Taco al Carbon with chicken, 2 regular tacos, a Churro (we're only human here), diet coke and a water.  Total damage to my wallet $5.76.  Taco al Carbon treated me right, I love that they double the tortillas at Del Taco, where they could just as easily give you one that would fall apart.  The double tort gives the taco stability.  I like it.  They tend to go a bit crazy with the cilantro, but other than that, the Taco al Carbon was tasty and did the trick.  Shared the churro with my "lunch date" (180 calorie churro in 1/2 means only 90 which isn't too bad on the waist line).  He had the two other tacos and didn't offer me a bite, so I can't comment on those. What always gets me pumped about Del Taco is their drink sizes.  Has anyone noticed how the drink cups keep shrinking? I ordered a small at Taco Bell and they gave me what looked like a kid's cup.  The "smalls" at Del Taco are what other fast food restaurants would call a medium.  And guess what? A small is only $1.59.  Yay inexpensive drinks too!

This location was fine for a quick lunch.  Clean, friendly staff, and the food was quick and perfectly presented.  Yes, we at Taco Nose Best go to chains too.  Got a problem with that?  Kudos Del Taco.  You got us in and out of your restaurant quickly and for a great price. 

Stars:
Food/Presentation - it's fast food, so can I really give it a 5????? - 3.5
Service - 4
Parking - a bazillion spaces to choose from - 5
Atmosphere - again chain, so it's a - 3.5

2 comments: