Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Texate, Santa Monica, CA

I've never been to Oaxaca, but I sure do like their tacos!  I'm not even sure what makes them distinctly Oaxacan.  Because of this I can't tell you if Texate is authentic, but I can tell you it makes a terrific Taco Tuesday Treat!

On the way home from work I had a last minute idea to visit Texate.  It's a hole in the wall place next to the bowling  alley on the south side of the Pier.  They have a great patio and bar that is set up to party.  

My happy hour treat consisted of two azada tacos and a margarita.  From what I can tell, "azada" is pretty much like "asada" but a bit more smokey and saucy. 
The fresh guac and chips were awesome too! 

There are lots of taco venues to hit in LA,  I'll definitely be back to Texate for another HH treat.
Texate
316 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica

Service - 4 stars
Food - 5 stars (can't wait to go deeper into the menu)
Atmosphere - outdoor patio 4 stars, inside 4 stars
Plate/Presentation - 3 stars
Parking - 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment