Friday, May 18, 2012

Patzcuaro's

5 stars or 5 tortillas?  I guess Taco Nose Best needs to come up with a rating system for all the restaurants we'll be visiting in the coming weeks.  For now let's stick with stars.

A gorgeous day in Denver and it's a Friday so that means one thing, TACOS.  Well in my brain, every day is taco day.  Today's visit was to the Highland neighborhood in the Mile High City (that's Denver folks!).  Pulled up on 32nd Avenue to Taqueria Patzcuaro.  Immediately, I knew I'd be having a great lunch hour, as I saw a beautiful patio with Tecate umbrellas.  Eating outdoors is always a plus for me.

Waiter (Host) was very friendly and set me up at a great table and immediately brought over a basket of chips-n-salsa.  A place that just brings chips over without asking, receives a plus in my book.  Glancing at the menu, I immediately noticed that the taco plates are 4 to an order.  Who eats that much at lunch?  Not this calorie counter.  Yes, I count calories and eat a ton of tacos throughout the week!  Waiter suggested I go al la cart and that's exactly what I did.  A basket of chips, salsa, one carnitas taco and a diet Pepsi. Perfecto!

Service was speedy which makes me happy.  Then the "eh" happened.  What's the saying?  Presentation is everything?  Maybe if I had ordered the full plate of 4 tacos it would have looked better?  My small dessert plate of taco with "taco juice" and a glop of guac, just didn't please my eye.  No cilantro, no diced onions, just very plain.  Looks aren't everything though.  I wish that was the case, but the carnitas taco wasn't special.  Not bad, but not great either.  A bit dry, but what saved it was the homemade corn tortilla.  That was great. 

Will I be back?  You'd probably think my answer would be no.  But that's not the case.  This patio is something I need to check out at the 5 o'clock somewhere hour.  As this was lunch, I didn't partake in any Margarita action.  But seriously who doesn't love a good patio even if the food is so-so?  My next report will be all about that AND I will give it one more shot on the tacos.  Maybe chicken next time.

Service - 4 stars
Food - 3 stars
Atmosphere - outdoor patio 5 stars, inside 3 stars
Plate/Presentation - 2 stars
Parking - 5 stars ( Hello, parking is something I always think about when going out for a meal!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment