Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Freebirds World Burrito, Marina Del Rey, CA

On Saturday I was driving home from an event and I had a taco attack... you know when one minute you are cruising with the top down thinking about the weekend and the next you are getting light headed from the suddenly noticed absence of tacos in your stomach!?

The quick cure was to be a place that I had driven by several times but had yet to check out, Freebirds World Burrito.  The sign seemed cool enough and usually a burrito joint can be a speakeasy for WCT... World Class Tacos.

I became a bit skeptical when I walked into a chipotle style assembly under the guise of a don't give a bean attitude.   While there is nothing wrong with this custom creation while you wait service, they missed one key ingredient... an adequate portion of meat.  They seriously used an industrial measured teaspoon to dispense the amount of meat that would a nacho bite if that.


You probably can't see from the pic, but I did try the carnitas, asada, and chicken tacos.  Sadly they had potential, but I just wished they had finished making the order.

Stick to the burritos...

Service - 3 stars
Food - 2 stars (would have been much higher if they put a full portion of meat in the taco!)
Atmosphere - outdoor patio 4 stars, inside 3 stars
Plate/Presentation - 3 stars
Parking - 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment